Thursday, September 28, 2006

PRIDE COMES BEFORE A FALL!

Here's another frog story!

A frog wanted to visit his cousin in a far away land. However, he was not up to traveling many weeks to get there.

Just then, he saw his friend - a stork - not too far from him and he asked : "Will you be flying in this direction?" The frog was excited that his friend said "yes!".

He had a brilliant plan and was so proud about it.

"Could you fly me to my cousin's place?" he asked his friend, the stork.

"Sure but how?" the stork replied.

"Well, simple! This is my brilliant plan. You bite onto one end of a stick and I will bite onto the other. When I reach my cousin's place, just drop me off!"

"OK" said the frog's friend and off they went.

Just as they past a field where some farmers were working, the farmers exclaimed when they saw the sight of this marvelous mode of transportation " Hey, look, that IS AN FANTASTIC WAY OF TRAVELING. I WONDER WHOSE BRILLIANT IDEA IT WAS?"

The frog heard it and was filled up with PRIDE and said "It's me...e...e..e...e..e..e.e..e!!!!!"

So, friends, before you open your mouth to boast, maybe it is better to think before you speak. Pride certainly comes before a fall.

2 comments:

melchari said...

hi rev michael teh! u can play capstan's ball veri veri well! lols! nice playing with u yesterday. and i really like the stories abt the frog and the king! lols.. nice.. cya on sat! :D

CHARI** ((:

saintschaplain said...

Thanks Charissa! Looking forward for more netball "exercises" for me! :-)